Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Thank you Kaitlin for your great review!

"I recently had my car stolen and couldn't wait around to see if it would be found so I went in search of a new car. My parents live next to a Kia salesman and suggested I go down and check out their cars. My intention had been to buy a car in March after taxes had come back so I was less than excited about going 3 months earlier than I had planned. Kia's weren't something I had really considered - I've only ever owned Honda's, but I needed somewhere to start so I gave it a shot.

The lot is really nice and fairly large. I started at the used cars which were all fairly priced at or below KBB (they have no problem showing you KBB on the car if you haven't already checked it). Joe was the salesman and was extremely patient with me while I asked questions. I appreciated the fact that he was so quick to get me test driving cars. I'd never been car shopping on a big lot (my car that was stolen was purchased from one of those little side of the road places) and wasn't quite sure what to expect. I love that I didn't feel pressured at all and that I felt like I was really being listened too when I said I didn't like something about a car (there was no trying to get me to go back to a car once I said I didn't like something). I also appreciated that I didn't get smothered - we were given plently of room/space to walk around and check out cars without having someone with us for every second (for me I felt more comfortable being able to speak my mind unfiltered with my mom and boyfriend than if we had a salesman tailing us).

I drove probably 3-4 cars and wound up really liking the 2012 Kia Soul ! (I'm still not a fan of those hamster commercials!). Even though I liked it I wasn't totally comfortable that I didn't at least look around at other lots just in case (I'm the type that needs to check out all my options first). Joe was really cool about me wanting to go look at other lots - they didn't do anything to try to talk me out of looking at their competitors which was nice. It says a lot about their confidence in their brand/lot. I checked out the Nissan place across the street and also a Scion dealer and ended up back at Kia.

The Soul comes in a few models and I wasn't exactly sure what I would be able to afford since I'd budgeted for March and not the end of December. They were very patient with me and actually ran numbers on both models I was looking at with out me having to ask instead of just trying to pressure me in to the more expensive ! model. It worked out that they were able to get the ! in to my price range and then came the fun financing part.

The guy who helped us was fairly new the position but not the company. He was extremely detailed with everything he explained and if I said no then he just moved on. This being my first experience I really had no idea how great they were. I went with my cousin over the weekend to help her buy a car and the finance lady at a lot in Fife actually told her that she knew people who's transmission's fell out and that she NEEDED to have a warranty that my cousin being a single mom who hadn't planned on having a car payment (a tree parked itself on her car) couldn't afford. It seemed like the lady was trying to scare her in to buying something she didnt have money for. I didn't have that at all at Kia. If I said no that that was it and they moved on.

Needless to say it was a great experience and I would definitely recommend checking them out. The follow up has been great too - I got calls the next day and then about a week later to see if I had questions and to make sure I was still enjoying the car." - Kaitlin B.

Yelp2

No comments:

Post a Comment